Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
indymoor  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 10:27:23 AM(UTC)
indymoor

Groups: Registered

Ordered a Tub Repair Kit for this washer and have it all apart. The Tub Bearing will not fit over the sleeve on the power unit. Is it possible that I have the wrong tub bearing? Factory part number 204013 on the box. Am I missing something? Is there a sleeve on the power unit that comes off. Looks like it is all one piece on the power unit and nothing comes off.
Thanks,
Rick Moore
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 11:44:23 AM(UTC)
applianceman

As far as I know you have the right part. On the transmission there is a sleeve that you must take off. Almost always I have to break it to get it off. A new sleeve comes with the bearing. There is a picture on this page that shows the sleeve I am talking about. Maytag Tub Seal Replacement
denman  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 11:48:32 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is what comes up when I cross reference the part number you supplied
Part number: AP4372971
Part number: AP4372971

Click on the above picture to see more views of it.

This may help
http://www.servicematters.com/maytag_library/docs/16010373%20(16001145).pdf

I cannot say if you have the correct part but it is correct just by looking up your model number.

You will have to call or email the parts people at AppliancePartsPros, if ordered from them. Have your serial number handy and they may be able to look up if there has been a series change
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
applianceman  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 1:32:55 PM(UTC)
applianceman

One more thing if you find that you have the right part (if it looks like the one in the picture above you do) and you have already removed the sleeve. But it still won’t go on you may have to clean the transmission shaft where the new sleeve goes on. Just use emery cloth to sand it a little.
indymoor  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:00:34 PM(UTC)
indymoor

Thanks all. I was able to get the sleeve off the power unit. It was on there pretty good and like you said had to break it to get it off. All back together and working good with no more leaks. Two more questions. The tub seems to vibrate a bit more then it used to on spin. Also, one of the clips on the top broke when opening up the front. Is there a part number and some kind of diagram to show how those things clip back in on the top front?
You guys are great,
Thanks,
Rick
applianceman  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 7:58:37 PM(UTC)
applianceman

Is this the clip you are talking about? Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Fastener, spring, part number: AP4028417 If so you can order it here.

As for the fact that the tub vibrates more may be due to the fact that the spin basket is not aligned. Take the top and agitator back off. Then loosen the big nut that holds the spin basket in. Then make sure the gap between the tub and the spin basket is the same all the way around.

If you have trouble getting it aligned you may loosen the nut and put the washer in spin. Let it spin with the nut loose (not compleatlly loose) and most of the time it will strighten itself out. Then tighten the nut back. Hope this helps!!
indymoor  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 2:26:56 AM(UTC)
indymoor

Applianceman,
Yes ,thats the clip I'm looking for. I'll order them. I bet I'm not the first person to break these clips taking of the front panel.
I'll try the loosening the bolt on the spin backet and see if it corrects the vibration.

Thanks,
Rick

Originally Posted by: applianceman Go to Quoted Post
Is this the clip you are talking about? Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Fastener, spring, part number: AP4028417 If so you can order it here.

As for the fact that the tub vibrates more may be due to the fact that the spin basket is not aligned. Take the top and agitator back off. Then loosen the big nut that holds the spin basket in. Then make sure the gap between the tub and the spin basket is the same all the way around.

If you have trouble getting it aligned you may loosen the nut and put the washer in spin. Let it spin with the nut loose (not compleatlly loose) and most of the time it will strighten itself out. Then tighten the nut back. Hope this helps!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply