Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Barnaby  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 10:50:23 AM(UTC)
Barnaby

Groups: Registered

Hi folks,
I very much appreciate the helpful info here in the forums, but I have not been able to find an answer to my current question:
While attempting to replace the bearings on my neptune, I removed the baffles in the basket to find 2 of the 3 bolts were broke(and the spinner support was naaaasty!)
My question is: do I need to replace the spinner support/shaft or are the bolts replaceable(please be answer#2)?
here are a couple pics:

Well, maybe not. Pics don't seem to be loading. Just as well, it turns my stomach looking at them anyway.
So, I patiently await an answer... $10 bolts or $100 spinner support. I suppose the new spinner support will be the new improved design that takes the new lip seal that supposedly works better to keep the water out, but I would rather not spend the cash on this albatross if I can avoid it.
Thanks everyone!
Peace,
B
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Barnaby  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 11:18:35 PM(UTC)
Barnaby

Well, I ordered the spinner support... Great prices, I must say. Thanks again.
B
Barnaby  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 6, 2009 8:44:20 AM(UTC)
Barnaby

Update: Got the new SKF bearings locally(My neptune had SKF bearings installed originally) for $13 rear #6206-2rs and $22 front #6207-2rs. Spinner Parts arrived a couple days ago including spinner support and lip seal kit which includes all grommets for inside basket, lip seal and o-ring, new lock nuts, but no new washers for where the basket meets the spinner support. So I ordered what I thought was a set of 3 for $3.10 and what I got is a single "washer" which I will be returning for my $3.10 refund! Seriously, this little piece of flimsy garbage is supposed to be a washer and why they would come individually packaged instead of 3 to a pack is just beyond ridiculous! I put the old nasty ones back on...
Ok enough ranting... no wait, the spinner support was not the updated part, which is fine, but that means using the same old lip seal that failed in the first place and really, why not include the new washers, they give all new grommets for the basket which were not in terrible shape but you have to buy the plastic washers separate to the tune of $9.30! OK, all done.
Also got a wax motor and replaced that right quick. Put it all back together, leveled it, hooked up the water and let her rip. Wow! She purrs like a turbine engine. I guess it never reached full speed for me(got this machine for $0 from relative)due to the shot bearings and snapped spinner support bolts causing to much movement, but now it goes so fast I found myself stepping back when it hit full speed! No vibration, no noise at all but the sound of speed :)
Yes I am extremely happy to have this working perfectly. The bearings were a project, I ended up pounding them out using the old spinner shaft and washer after failing to remove them using this tool

http://forum.appliancepartspros...repair-pic-tutorial.html

Also ended up pounding in the new bearings using pvc fittings and 5lb sledge. 1 1/4 inch dowel wrapped in duct tape for a snug fit inside the spacer and reduced diameter of one end to fit tight inside rear bearing, worked like a charm. Thanks again for all the great info here and the parts prices are the best around.
Peace,
B
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply