Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jackirma  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 1:03:57 PM(UTC)
jackirma

Groups: Registered

My grandaughters well used stacked washer/dryer (GE)quit on the late part of the spin cycle with a unusual mechanical noise. The wash tup is tilted in a angle, and I suspect the trouble is the mounting/supporting system. I have no diagram to give me any instructions as just how to expose the washer mech'ism. I would like to proceed in an orderly manner with minimum unneccesary parts removal to get to the problem which I expect is the wash tub support and/drive mech'ism. Is there anyone out there that can give me any guidance? Thanks a bunch you may email your reply to:jackirma@msn.com
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:01:46 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi Jack

I don't think I have ever seen this model before, and I don't know if a lot of other folks have also. It looks like a cross between a GE and a Whirlpool, with the Whirlpool genes being domimant.

Anyway, if you will insert a screw driver in the gap between the top and the front panel on the washer section you will release clips which hold the front panel to the cabinet. You can now view the suspension system, and I think this part is likely to be your problem. If it is, replace all three supports.

Part number: AP4380183
jackirma  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 6:31:58 PM(UTC)
jackirma

Groups: Registered

Thank you sidfink43 for your prompt and informative reply. Your information confirms my guess and has given me the guidance to proceed. I'm a 79 year old retired engineer who has never discared a mechanical device if repairable within my limited resources. Thanks a bunch. jack
gabe_1981  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 6:50:31 PM(UTC)
gabe_1981

Groups: Senior Expert

The two clips will allow the the top of the washer to hinge up ... looking down two 5/16 screws will be on the left and the right feeding into the top of the front pannel ... after removing them two screws the the pannel can be pulled straight up from the two tabs that hold the bottom of the pannel in place.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply