Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SamB  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2007 8:48:41 AM(UTC)
SamB

Groups: Registered

Does anyone know how to change the drain pump on a Calypso washing machine?

Somewhere along the line the darn serial number tag came off the unit and now even though I have a warranty, nobody will work on the thing. So I guess I will have to fix it myself.

Has anyone in the forum ever done this themselves?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

pinksunrise  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 12:14:15 PM(UTC)
pinksunrise

I have the same washer/dryer and I have a similiar problem. Let me know if you come up with any answers. I talked to someone at Lowe's who said to turn it on it's side, and pull out anything that might be clogging the drain. I know that is not too much, if any help.
SamB  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 12:40:48 PM(UTC)
SamB

Thanks for the information on the fix for the drain problem. If you are having the same problem the guys at Lowes are correct. Tilt the unit back so you can safely work under it. Find the drain line leading from the drain pump to the back of the poly tub. At the bottom where the drain line connects is a sump with a "ball check valve" built into it. Remove the drain lines, have a bucket or pan handy, and pull out any gunk that might be keeping the "ball check" from seating properly. I found 4 of the underwires from by wifes bras stuck in there.

Also, depending on the age of your unit it sounds like some of the early models had drain pumps that were not very well made. If you need a new drain pump it looks like they would be easy to replace from what I could tell when I had mine apart.

Sam
SamB  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 12:41:36 PM(UTC)
SamB

Thanks for the information on the fix for the drain problem. If you are having the same problem the guys at Lowes are correct. Tilt the unit back so you can safely work under it. Find the drain line leading from the drain pump to the back of the poly tub. At the bottom where the drain line connects is a sump with a "ball check valve" built into it. Remove the drain lines, have a bucket or pan handy, and pull out any gunk that might be keeping the "ball check" from seating properly. I found 4 of the underwires from by wifes bras stuck in there.

Also, depending on the age of your unit it sounds like some of the early models had drain pumps that were not very well made. If you need a new drain pump it looks like they would be easy to replace from what I could tell when I had mine apart
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply