Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cgirl358  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 10:37:13 AM(UTC)
cgirl358

Groups: Registered

Hi! Our GE PROFILE washer is once again broken...sigh. This happened once before and the repair man said we were over filling the machine. He said plastic parts broke off so it wouldnt agitate. It still fills and spins. I took the fabric softener dispenser off, and then popped the little clear plastic round piece out. Now what? I dont know how to remove the rest. It looks like four plastic nuts that have been chipped away in there. In the center, there is a little (and I mean toothpick size little) plastic thing sticking up, but I dont know how to get the rest of the agitator off. Is it the coupling that is the issue with these? HELP!! It's too close to Christmas and I dont want to have to call my husband and tell him the washer is broken...again. Thanks in advance! Carolyn
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 5:56:46 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi Carolyn

Well, you have our sympathies because nobody wants to spend holiday money on a new washer.

I would check the agitator block, which is accessed by removing the agitator. Click on your model number and go to the tub assembly to see it.

The agitator on this model pulls off, but it is sometimes hard to do, and if you pull too hard on it you can hurt yourself or it can suddenly let loose and smack you in the face. (Been there) See if you can get someone to help you get it off, and if it is the block replacing it should fix things up.

Otherwise, despite the holiday need for other things a new or good used machine might be in order.

Good luck.
cgirl358  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2009 3:45:59 AM(UTC)
cgirl358

Groups: Registered

Thank you so much for your help! You will be happy to know that I managed to get the agitator off, as well as the block, ALL BY MYSELF!! I ordered the parts (bought a new agitator too) and repaired this washer. I am pretty proud of myself! Thank goodness for this site! It reallly helped me out in both the repair and the parts. Happy Holidays!! Carolyn
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2009 4:39:08 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

That's fantastic! Hope you husband appreciates what you did.

Congrats, glad you got it fixed and thanks for the update.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply