Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TLF  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 8, 2008 7:37:15 AM(UTC)
TLF

Groups: Registered

Hello, new here, hopefully someone can give me some pointers. Wife is on my butt. Problem is when you pull the knob out to start the washer all i get is a humming noise. Could it be motor locked up or gearcase. Suppose to have it checked out this Tuesday but was hopeing to get it figured out before then and save a few $$$$$$$. $60.00 just for the trip out here.I sincerely appreciate any and all help.Also, forgot to mention,when i took the bottom off of the washer there were 2 rectangle shape black rubber pads laying in the bottom of the machine. Approx 4"x6" with one corner cut off,any ideas where they came from??

Thanks,Terry
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2008 2:00:50 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Pull off the outer washer cover, remove the pump and motor. Check the coupler, it might be broken.If not, you may have a bad timer. Check to see if the motor will run while disconnected from tranny. Post results.
TLF  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2008 3:00:40 PM(UTC)
TLF

Groups: Registered

Thanks Richappy for your reply. I did take it apart and did find a broken coupler and got that fixed but now i have another problem.No matter what i set the water temp on it only uses hot water. I turned the hot water off at the faucet and then when i turn the temp knob the cold water will work but only when the knob is set in between 2 settings. If i put the knob directly on any of the normal settings i get nothing. Could that be the temp selector itself is bad or any other ideas what i need to check? I am getting voltage to both coils on the water inlet. Oh yeah, i did find where the rubber pads came from. They were glued to the inside of the washer cover, i guess to prevent the tub from rubbing during the spin cycle.I don`t know what else they would be for.

Thanks again,TLF
richappy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2008 2:59:47 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Check the water valve screen, it might be clogged.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply