Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Carole460  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:48:44 AM(UTC)
Carole460

Groups: Registered

House flooded. Thinking I can repair. May be the fill hose, as it was recently off balance and may have shaken hose loose. I live in the country and would like to repair myself. Asking for advice in opening up the machine and not sure how to do that. Top section come off, or whole case needs to be removed? All help would be appreciated. Thks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 12:37:58 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Your machine overflows because the inlet valves do not shut off when they are supposed to. You need to determine if this is because the valves are faulty or the control is faulty. If the machine continues to fill even though it is shut off and disconnected, the valves are stuck and the valve asembly needs to be replaced.

If the water will stop coming in when the machine is shut off, the likely problem is a clogged tube that runs from the tub to the water level pressure switch. Clean it out and retest. If that does not solve the problem, change out the water level pressure switch.

This site will show you how to open your machine to get to the components you need to get to. Your screws that hold the console may be in the back.

Kenmore top loader blues (SublimeMasterJW's Appliance Advice)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply