Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
donk95023  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2009 1:26:25 PM(UTC)
donk95023

Groups: Registered

During the spin cycle of my whirlpool wtw6600sw2, it emits a loud bearing howl type noise that is getting louder by the day. I had a repair service check it, which consisted of putting the machine into spin/drain and listening to it. he says it is a main drive bearing. In looking at the schematics of this machine, it does not show any bearings on the drum. Does this sound familiar for this model, and what part is really the issue? Also, it seems to get off balance easy, I have never had a code occur.
thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2009 6:13:57 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

To diagnose something like this we really need to be there, listen to the noise and then tear down the machine. I am thinking the Tech did not want to get involved with your model, (it is a much more complicated machine than a traditional top loader) and just wanted to get out of there. That's not the way you diagnose a problem like yours with a machine like yours.

I am guessing the problem is in the hub components, but you are going to have to open up the machine to check things out. You might also have a problem with the drain pump, filter or something caught in the mechanism.

Here is a service manual

https://secured.whirlpoo...540a8f/$FILE/8178582.pdf

Good Luk.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply