Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DBoelman  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2009 2:26:26 PM(UTC)
DBoelman

Groups: Registered

When using my washing machine, at times the spin cycle will just start rolling through the options. sometimes it doesn't do it. tried pressing all different buttons while this is happening and nothing sems to stop it. But it will stop on it's own whenever it decides to. I was thinking that it might be a problem in the control panel. Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dh1200s  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2009 11:09:03 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Groups: Registered

I have heard of this issue from several people on a different forum and offer suggestions for troubleshooting but I have never hear back on troubleshooting results. I own the machine and I’m very comfortable working on it.

I haven’t had this issue but from what you describe it similar to holding a constant key press on the key which will cause the spin cycle selection to roll/cycle thru the different spin cycle options. The console membrane key matrix can be viewed in the Troubleshooting guide which should be stored in the console of the machine. Have you removed it? If not unplug the washer, remove the three #15 Torx screws from the rear top panel to access. The troublesooting guide should be inside if it hasn’t been removed.

If the trouble shooting guide has been removed then I would download the FAV6800A/FAV9800A Service Manual from servicematters.com. You will need that to DIY other issues with the machine and the Use&Care guide is handy I lost mine a long time ago. Because this is an intermittent issue it will be difficult to troubleshoot without having known good spare Console and Control Board.

The Membrane Console contacts are "normal open" contacts. The microprocessor on the Control Board is constantly scanning the Console Membrane Keypad for a user key press. I don’t feel it’s a corrosion path issue the ribbon cable or socket. The pins 5&11 on page 20 of the SM and page 10 of the Troubleshooting guide for that key are too far apart on the ribbon cable IMHO to be causing the issue. I feel reseating the ribbion cable to the socket on the Control Board will not clear the issue. You could try the Membrane Pad Check and see if you pass.

I would also check the machine diagnostic code block 15 and see if you registered a Stuck Key error event. The Service Manual/Troubleshooting Guide will show you how to get into Service Mode to view. You will need those docs to troubleshoot future issues such as dC/uC errors related to the clutch and TDS sensor. OP,OD,FL and others errors related to the Left Hand Lid Lock assembly. All very easy to deal with if you have some basic mech. skill sets and aquire troubleshooting knowledge of the machine.

If the checks above lead no where I would start by replacing the Console. If that did not resolve the intermittent Spin Cycle issue I would replace the Control Board. If the machine continues to operate then you may want to put off any repair untill there is a hard failure to troubleshoot.

This site will have the parts if you decide to DIY.

P/N for the Console 25001124
P/N for the Control Board 25001001
There are substitution P/N neither component is series sensitive.

Good luck Rich
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply