Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jasonski75  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2009 6:36:59 AM(UTC)
jasonski75

Groups: Registered

My washer changes from hot to cold, and cold to hot during the filling cycle. Is there a way to reset this or is the panel shot and needs to be replaced?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2009 3:09:23 PM(UTC)
applianceman

This washer has an ATC (automatic temperature control). This means that the temperature of the water is constantly monitored by the control. The cold and hot water valves will open and close to adjust the temperature of the water to reach optimum water temperature.

With all that being said if you have low water pressure on the cold or hot water lines it may cause it to cycle the valves more frequently. Check this and if it seems ok there is a good chance nothing is wrong.

Hope this helps!

Clothes Washer Repair Guide
jasonski75  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2009 5:13:36 PM(UTC)
jasonski75

I can and will check this can you tell me what pressure to look for on the hot and the cold side of the feeds? But i still do not understand why even with the ATC feature why it would automatically change from cold to hot on the panel if all i want is either cold or warm.

Originally Posted by: applianceman Go to Quoted Post
This washer has an ATC (automatic temperature control). This means that the temperature of the water is constantly monitored by the control. The cold and hot water valves will open and close to adjust the temperature of the water to reach optimum water temperature.

With all that being said if you have low water pressure on the cold or hot water lines it may cause it to cycle the valves more frequently. Check this and if it seems ok there is a good chance nothing is wrong.

Hope this helps!

Clothes Washer Repair Guide
applianceman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2009 6:26:42 AM(UTC)
applianceman

As long as you have good flow you should be ok.

When you select a temperature like warm the control has a set temperature like say maybe 100 degrees or so. It will turn the water valves on and off to achieve whatever temperature. On some models even when you set to just cold it will add some hot to it. This is done because tap water is around 60 degrees and they say that 60-degree water is not good for clothes so they warm it to like 70 maybe 80 or so.

With that being said if you select cold and you get 110-degree water you know something is wrong. Are you getting anything crazy like this? Also if you have a cold-tap setting on the temperature selector this shouldn’t happen on that setting.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply