Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
maytag5000  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:33:41 PM(UTC)
maytag5000

Groups: Registered

I ordered a replacement timer from your website, part no. 22002715 (see Part Details - WHIRLPOOL TIMER, part number: AP4028727), based on the lookup function on your website AND the fact that the picture shown there was identical to the part in my machine. When I received the replacement part, it came in a box labeled 22002715, BUT the timer is completely different from both the picture on your website and the part in my machine. I called and your service rep tried to assure me that this was a successor replacement part, but it's just not possible: there is no way that the part you sent me could be assembled into my machine -- I took the old timer apart and it is so different that this could never be done. The new timer has a different shaft location, different wire connections, and the old timer could not be disassembled to allow the new timer to be incorporated in it.:mad: :mad:

Please advise how to correct this. Thank you very much.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:58:24 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Unfortunately the Forum here is divorced from the parts business of APP, and the people who reply are volunteers with no formal relationship to APP.

I assume that the photo on this site does match up with your original timer and that you want the one that is pictured. I looked at another parts site and they list the same timer with the same picture as APP. Furthermore, I could find no evidence on this site or others that there was any type of replacement timer, so I can only assume that someone at the factory boxed up the wrong timer and that is what you received. I would call customer service back and tell them that you were sent the wrong part and that you wish to exchange it for the correct one, and ask them to open the packaging and check to make sure it conforms to the right part, since there may have been more than one mistake at the factory and you do not want to get the wrong part again.

I have found this supplier to be about the most customer friendly of any parts supplier I have ever dealt with, and I feel certain they will accomodate you very quickly.
richappy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2009 2:54:31 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Is the FSP # stamped on the old timer the same as the # on the new timer?
If not readable on the old timer, just call this parts site and they can call Maytag to verify original timer part #. Sometimes misstakes are made in part # s issued to the supply sources.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply