Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Greg1234  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 2:24:20 PM(UTC)
Greg1234

Groups: Registered

My drive coupler broke and I was repairing it when I noticed the seal behind the drive coupler was leaking. I found part # AP3043580 a thrust seal kit which has 2 or 3 seals shown. When I removed my old one it was a black one piece similiar to the larger seal in the kit. Should I just use the larger black seal and guess that the other parts are not needed on my tranny? Is the smaller seal to be used elsewhere on the tranny or should it be used with the larger black seal? Don't understand why the kit has 2 or 3 parts included.

Greg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 4:33:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Greg,

I've replaced a lot of gearcase assemblies, but never have replaced any parts inside the gearcase itself. Maybe somebody else on the forum can help you better.

Gene.
Greg1234  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 5:14:20 PM(UTC)
Greg1234

Groups: Registered

I used the larger black seal as it closely resembled the size and seal I removed. I used a larger sized socket and tapped the seal into place. I think the red smaller seal must be for another location or another style of tranny. I saw another post where the person put the red seal in before the black seal but I don't think this is correct but could still seal the input shaft and work. Would be nice if a little note or some instructions could be put with the part so people would know what to do. I'm going to watch the seal to make sure no leaks. ;)
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 5:22:55 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Quote:
...I'm going to watch the seal to make sure no leaks...

It is a very good idea. You can put a paper towel under the washer. It makes everything pretty visible. Keep us posted.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply