Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bethie28  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 10:17:33 AM(UTC)
bethie28

Groups: Registered

My Frigidaire front load washer quits immediately after starting any cycle. It won't run any cycle attempted. The local washer repairman says it the control panel that needs to be replaced and will cost $300+. Is this accurate? I found several sites that indicate prices for the control panel part #2330931 for $165 or $176, but another site indicated part #4358809 for $128. I want to be able to fix this, but want to be able to knowledgeably discuss this with the repairman. Which part do think is the correct one? Do you think this is something that I might be able to do myself? If so, are there other parts that would be required in the replacement on the control panel? Thank you for your assistance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:52:47 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well I do not get anything under those part numbers. Here is the part that ties to your control board on this site. Since there is some confusion check with whomever you order from to confirm.

Part number: AP4358809
Part number: AP4358809

As far as doing it yourself, it is a pretty easy job, no special tools, just remove and replace. This service manual will show you how to get into the machine to do that. Do it yourself and you can cut the cost to about half of the service call.

http://frigidaireservicetips.co...rizontalAxisWasherSM.pdf

Your risk is that the diagnosis is not correct, so I would invoke the testing procedures outlined in the manual before spending the money. However, the control is a likely source of the problem, so if you do not confirm anything I would still go ahead and replace it.
ryana  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 3:48:39 PM(UTC)
ryana

Groups: Registered

Did replacing the control panel do the trick?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply