Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zmgraham  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 8:39:53 AM(UTC)
zmgraham

Groups: Registered

Washer is only about 2 years old, yesterday it started making a loud buzzer sound during the drain cycle that continues while it spins and then stops during the fill/rinse, then starts again during the rinse water drain. Its like an electric timer buzzer, and almost sounds identical to my dryer's buzzer.

I can make it stop by stopping the machine during drain, then advancing the knob a tiny bit and restarting it, then it goes thru the rest of the spin phase without buzzing. I pulled off the pump and it seemed to be unclogged and was spinning fine, and I ran it thru a few cycles even with the pump off to see it the motor was binding up or somethig, and the buzzer still occurred even with pump off.

I didn't see anything in the manual about a "warning" buzzer or something like that (maybe if it gets out of balance?), and there's no option to make it buzz when it's done, so I dunno why it's buzzing. Anyways it's not a big deal, it still runs fine through all the cycles, but I have a small apartment and it's too loud to just let it go, I have to stop and restart it twice during each load now and it's really annoying. If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it, Thanks!

Edit: It seems to only buzz during the "fast" spin. I think the motor goes into fast speed for the drain phase and then for the spin phase if the adjustor is set to fast for spin. So if I have it set to fast for spin, I actually can't get the buzz noise to stop, so I need to set it to slow spin and then I can make the buzz stop like I said above. Maybe the motor is messed up when it's on fast?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.