We recently discovered that our tub wasn't filling with hot water. The cold works fine, but when we pick a mix or hot-water wash it fills slowly and only with cold. I can feel the hot water line when it's running and it's warm so that tells me there must be some water flow, but it's not making it to the tub.
A year or so ago I changed the rubber hoses over to braided. I specifically picked hoses that didn't have the safety pressure valve. After that time it seemed like the tub filled more slowly at random times. I frankly ignored it until my wife mentioned that there wasn't any hot water on the hot-wash and sure enough that's probably what I was hearing.
Here's some troubleshooting I've attempted so far.
- Checked the flow rate from the hoses: very good.
- Checked the hoses were connected correctly: they were.
- Checked the screens for debris: a little bit, but nothing significant.
- Tested the resistance of the coils: 1,000 ohms on the hot side, 1,100 ohms on the cold side.
At this point I'm tempted to replace the mixing valve, but one of the problems I'm running into is finding parts for my model number of washer. I have a hunch that there's a parent model number and that mine is specific to the electronic control panel model.
So I could use the following help:
- Troubleshooting ideas.
- Help finding an equivalent model number so I can start tracking down parts.
Thanks in advance!