Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tagjet52  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 6:49:16 AM(UTC)
Tagjet52

Groups: Registered

Hello from Myrtle Beach SC, this is my first post on this forum.

Our washer recently threw a F06 E01 fault code which directed me to checking connections between the MCU and the CCU. I re-seated the plugs then tried it again with no luck.

Suspecting a bad MCU board (WPW10374126) I went ahead and pulled it out. Sure enough there was a burn spot in two places. One of the small traces was burnt and one of three large solder points (all next to each other) was burnt.

I ordered a repaired board that looked questionable, the repairs looked poor. I installed the board with the exact same results. Not sure if the board was bad to begin with or I fried it after installing.

Did some more reading about this issue, found out a bad motor could short the board. Checked the 3 legs of the motor according to the service manual and it checked good with about 9 ohms on each leg.

I returned the repaired board and ordered a unopened new board. It should be here on the 31st.

My question is: Shall I go straight to trying this board or is there more checks I can do first? I'd rather not burn up another board because something else is causing the issue.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.