Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
elocin71  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2017 8:30:02 PM(UTC)
elocin71

Groups: Registered

From what I've heard, this wasn't a repair worth calling a repair guy for so I figured it wouldn't cost me much to give it a shot. I replaced the tub seal on my washing machine, put it back together and started a load. It filled fine, without any leaks but after it filled, it did not continue the cycle as I was running without the shell off but when I came back to it, there was a burning smell. I took all the clothes out of the tub and drained it on spin, which worked well.

I didn't see any obvious signs of burning. All the electric components looked fine and were not warm although the start capacitor was a bit warm, but perhaps that is normal. Any ideas? I did add silicone spray to the stem as recommended by a repair video from this site or repaircl1n1c. Getting the tub seal on was a tight fit. Is it possible to overtighten with the spanner wrench?

Thanks for your time
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.