Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JGDone  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2017 5:29:19 PM(UTC)
JGDone

Groups: Registered

I have a 15 year old front loader washer that has been trouble free. The wife noticed what appeared to be bits of melted plastic amongst the clothes and I discovered the "bushing" that supports the front edge of the drum is breaking down and coming apart. I imagine this will put strain on the rear bearing if I continue to wash clothes with the drum flopping around in spin cycle. My question is do I have to replace the front tub, part #8181825? I can't see this bushing in any of the parts photos but don't see a separate listing for anything that resembles it. Any guidance before I purchase a $200 part would be most appreciated.
This Kenmore has been an excellent performer for us. I imagine it could use some new shock absorbers while I'm in there and if you have any suggestions on other things to look at or address I'd surely like to know.

Thanks, Greg

After looking a bit closer with better lighting it looks like the edge of the tub was melting from contact with the drum during the spin cycle? Is this expected wear from a machine this old or do I possibly have a line clogged that should be providing water to this friction surface? Or...do I just have a worn machine that's allowing the tub and drum to make contact. Sigh, it's late and I'm rambling. Thanks in advance for any and all responses.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.