Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kathleenmpeters  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 6:35:53 AM(UTC)
kathleenmpeters

Groups: Registered

ETA:

I was able to find someone to assure me that I am NOT using the multimeter wrong, and the sensor is bad. I cannot figure out how to delete this thread, though!

If anyone reading this has a similar issue... what all the "test your sensor" things don't tell you is that if the multimeter just reads "1", that means it's faulty. Nothing said that... assuming, of course, that everybody who had a multimeter knew what "1" meant. I didn't.

PROBLEM: Every time any type of cycle gets to an agitation or spin section, the tub only wiggles back and forth several inches. It does this several times, and then gives me an LE code.

- The door seems to lock fine.
- If I try a wash cycle, the door locks, water enters the tub, and it does this when it tries to agitate.
- If I try a drain and spin cycle, the door locks, the water drains, and then it does this when it tries to spin.
- The tub spins freely and silently by hand.
- I have already cleaned out the trap by the drain pump.
- I have also taken the drain pump out and inspected it, and it does not appear to be jammed.
- The drain pump did make some unusual noises earlier in the week when it was draining, but it does not seem to now.

ADVICE PLEASE:

- Many sites say a failed drain pump frequently causes the tub not to spin, though I don't understand how or why. I did clean everything out leading to it. There were things in the trap, but nothing in the actual pump that I could find.

- Others say that the LE code usually means the "hall sensor" which I think is the "rotor position sensor." I have taken that out to test it, but I don't think I'm doing it right. I found a Google video by "Paramount Repair" showing how to test it, but my multimeter just keeps a "1" showing. If I touch the leads together, I get other readings... but I get nothing when checking the contacts. I don't know a lot about multimeters, so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if this means the sensor is bad. Here is a photo:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9iYoIDYk0SMdGgyS0pMWXU0cDQ

- When I took the sensor out, the stator assembly and everything else looks brand new. I cannot find anything that looks wrong anywhere.

If anyone can tell me how to find out if it's the sensor or something else, I would be very grateful!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.