Discuss

Maytag Bravos Washer

in

Washer Repair

. "

I have a Maytag Bravos washer. I started getting a code (I don't remember the code now) that I was

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Maytag Bravos Washer

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2017, 05:50 PM

tverleye is on a distinguished road
Default Maytag Bravos Washer
Brand: Maytag   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a Maytag Bravos washer. I started getting a code (I don't remember the code now) that I was for the pump to drain the water being blocked. I cleaned everything so that there is no blockage. Now I've started getting a code of Ld (I think that's right). The washer would stop during the rinse and drain cycle of the load, but only sometimes. I could unplug the washer and wait a few minutes, plug it back in, change the cycle to drain & spin, and it would work fine. Well, now the lid won't lock at all, so none of the cycles will start. I can hear the washer hum when I turn it on, but the lid never locks, the cycle never starts, and I get the code again. Do I need to replace the lid lock assembly or might it be something else? I realize that I may need to repair more than one thing, but I don't really know where to start. Thanks in advance for any help.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 06-13-2017, 06:53 AM

brobriffin is on a distinguished road

Ld stands for Long drain time. If you have checked the hose, pump and the tub to pump hose for clogs. Here are a few more items to check.
Remove the tub to pump hose from the bottom of the tub to see if there are any blockages up in the tub at that outlet. Sometimes a sock or other small item get caught inside.

Remove the pump and look inside to see if anything is caught up in the impeller. Also see if the impeller has fins and is intact.

If all seems clear and it is a humming you hear it may be perhaps the pump drain motor going bad.
For detailed info we need a model number.

Last edited by brobriffin : 06-13-2017 at 06:58 AM.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:35 AM

tverleye is on a distinguished road

I have previously removed the tub and checked the pumps and all is clear and intact. I will check the model number this evening. Thank you so much for your help.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.