Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
limerence  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 9:59:13 PM(UTC)
limerence

Groups: Registered

Wife and I bought a home and the previous owners left us their washer and dryer. We tried using the washer for the first time the other day and although it filled with water, it stopped there.

I tried to read online as to the reason and it said it could be the lid switch assembly. I didn't hear any clicks when opening and closing the lid so I bought a new one (WP22003804), put it in, but still nothing. Bought a new plunger to see if that would help but still nothing. Only thing left could be the door strike that hits the plunger but it looks new. Actually, all the parts that I tried to replace looked new. I think they tried to fix it but to no avail and left for us as a present.

Anyhow, I pinched the plunger to make contact with the lid switch and whoala, the machine began to agitate. It stopped once I let go. I was trying to find if there is a longer plunger I could buy, or a lid switch with a longer trigger so that when the door closes, it would be triggered but no luck finding anything online. Any solutions? And if not, any guidance on how to bypass?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.