Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bobinyelm  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 4:58:59 PM(UTC)
bobinyelm

Groups: Registered

Our 7 year old LG washer (little used as it's just 2 adults in the house, and is otherwise "like new") stopped running the drain pump so we called Sears repair as they have a contract on our appliances.

He said the drain pump itself was bad, and after checking, he could not get a new pump for it due to its age, so we would need a new machine.

Given the original expenditure for the machines, and their little-use, I did some looking and bought a new-in-box OEM pump motor (motor with impeller) online, and replaced the pump, but it still doesn't operate (I now suspect our old pump motor was fine).

The washer will work through its cycle until getting to the "Spin" cycle and shows 11 minutes to go, but I guess because it senses the tub is full of water, the spin cycle never starts.

We have the "Technical Information" book that came w/ the machine, and we performed the "Quick Test Mode" where you can check each function by pressing a single key. All modes operated when the appropriate test button associated with it was pressed, until we pressed the "Soil Level" button per the manual to operate the drain pump, and sure enough, the pump would NOT run, confirming that the washer was not communicating with the pump and sending the motor 115vac.

I thought before I dug too deeply I wanted to see if this was a common problem with an "easy diagnosis."
Ant thoughts appreciated!

Bob
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.