Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jamesc  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 10:33:53 AM(UTC)
jamesc

Groups: Registered

Replaced the wax motor and several components on the control board about 2 years ago. The behavior of the washer seems a bit different. I normally run the washer cycle with the extra rinse selected. I have not watched it for the entire cycle but what I notice is the following:
1)The door locked indicator doesn't illuminate until almost the end of the final spin cycle. So it is on for maybe 2 minutes. For most of the spin cycle, the light is not on.
2)During the final spin cycle the washer keeps pumping water until maybe the last 1 minute to 90 seconds of the final spin cycle.

The water has been mostly extracted from the clothes but I seem to recall that it used to work better. I read somewhere that with the Maytag front loaders they allow water to enter during the beginning of the spin cycle to help remove any remnants of detergent bubbling. Appears water is entering for most of the final spin cycle. Not sure if it's supposed to work this way.

Do you have any suggestions on what to check?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.