Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NSXBill  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 3:56:24 AM(UTC)
NSXBill

Groups: Registered

Note wrong number in model number box

The one below is correct:

WFW94HEXW1 Whirlpool Duet (no steam mode), 5.5 years old.
Symptoms:
Often operates normally but sometimes runs too long in some cycles. Seems to time out to finally complete. Sometimes clothes seem too wet, but no water left in bottom of washer. The timer definitely does not follow a real clock. Cycles will finish sooner (up to 5 minutes sooner) or can run a long time (stays on one remaining time (like 16 remaining) for 20 minutes) . Again, most of the time it seems to operates ok.
What I have done:
The first time (2 month ago) I put it in Service Diagnostic Mode and got no codes. I blew in pressure sensor hose to clear. I checked water inlet screens (nothing). I checked drain pump filter (nothing significant). It seemed to run ok for couple of months. Then symptoms came back (or wife started complaining again).
What I did yesterday:
Put in Service Diagnostic Mode again and got no codes. Then (for the first time) I ran it through the Quick Diagnostics Test about six times. The first couple of times it was successful with the following exceptions: The C04 hot water valve test didn't even run-just skipped. And the C06 wash-speed test never turned off; it also never added more water like it said it could (but said it may not necessarily). I always had to push the Start button to get it to go on to the next step. C07 and C08 seemed to run ok. From this I thought I had a hot water valve malfunction and ran a short load on hot and the valve let hot water in, so I guess the valve is OK? In later runs through the Quick Diagnostics, it did run the hot water valve, but only VERY briefly. I would still always have to manually advance out of C06 though. Still thinking that with the wet clothes and run wash cycles, it may be the pressure sensor, so I blew in that again. But this time I took it out and tested per the manual with various blowing and continuity checks. It tested fine.
I don't know what else to do. I have never gotten any Fault/Error codes. The manual says if pressure sensor is fine, it is the CCU, but I'm not sure my symptoms pointed to the pressure sensor in the first place. I am ready to buy a CCU but obviously don't want to if its not the problem.
All replies are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Bill
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.