Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FHClipper  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 5:28:34 AM(UTC)
FHClipper

Groups: Registered

The Drive motor to max speed portion of the spin cycle doesn't engage all the time and frequently leaves us with a bunch of soggy wet clothes that must be wrung out by hand. There is no error code that displays when this happens, so I'm not sure how to proceed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 3:12:24 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

You check pump filter at bottom behind that little cover yet? Spin problems are usually drain problems.

There will be some small amount of water inside no matter what you see in the basket.
FHClipper  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 3:48:15 AM(UTC)
FHClipper

Yes that was the first place I looked.
FHClipper  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 2:46:36 PM(UTC)
FHClipper

Originally Posted by: FHClipper Go to Quoted Post
Yes that was the first place I looked.

Having already inspected and cleaned the Pump Filter yesterday, today I took off the front cover and removed the Drain Pump as well as the Pump-To-Tub Hose. I found and removed two Quarters and a Dime in the hose and cleaned everything up. I also inspected the Pressure Hose to make sure there were no obstructions. I was hoping the loose change might have fixed the problem, but when I got everything reassembled the high-speed spin still would not engage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
PNWDrew  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:53:51 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

If you are 100% that it is capable of draining then there are a few more possibilities.
1) Make sure your drain hose isn't allowing water to siphon back into machine when pump stops. If the end is submerged in the trap it can pull water in. You want to hear water dropping through air into the drain. It sounds implausible but I've seen it and it can happen sporadically.

2) I seem to recall fighting one of these for some reason a few years back and it being either the door switch or lock.

3) If it does pump out to fairly empty and begin low speed spin then at that point when you'd expect higher speeds disconnect the end of the pressure hose from the pressure switch. Don't unplug the switch as your goal is to make the machine think there is no water inside. If it proceeds to high speed spin expect some significant shaking.

I wish I could recall better but these smaller machines are rare around me and I haven't seen one in a year or so.
FHClipper  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 6:10:58 AM(UTC)
FHClipper

Originally Posted by: PNWDrew Go to Quoted Post
If you are 100% that it is capable of draining then there are a few more possibilities.
1) Make sure your drain hose isn't allowing water to siphon back into machine when pump stops. If the end is submerged in the trap it can pull water in. You want to hear water dropping through air into the drain. It sounds implausible but I've seen it and it can happen sporadically.

2) I seem to recall fighting one of these for some reason a few years back and it being either the door switch or lock.

3) If it does pump out to fairly empty and begin low speed spin then at that point when you'd expect higher speeds disconnect the end of the pressure hose from the pressure switch. Don't unplug the switch as your goal is to make the machine think there is no water inside. If it proceeds to high speed spin expect some significant shaking.

I wish I could recall better but these smaller machines are rare around me and I haven't seen one in a year or so.

Can anyone tell me approximately how much water should drain when you remove the drain filter? I just ran another Quick Wash cycle, and drained a full 2 cups of water when I removed the drain filter cap.
PNWDrew  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 8:29:07 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

That's about right. It'll never be empty. The pump cannot push air.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply