Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vicmag  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 10:13:33 PM(UTC)
vicmag

Groups: Registered

The washer bounces violently during spin cycle.

It started with a small rock blocking the drain pump, which caused the spin cycle to start with the full wet load, causing disbalance and shake. I cleaned the drain pump, and the drum spins fine during slow cycle. However, on higher speed but the bouncing resumes.

I used recommendation from the ApplicancePartsPro to replace shock absorbers. Purchased all 4 of them (DC66-00470A, Samsung DC66-00470A Shock Absorber - AppliancePartsPros.com, and replace today. It did not help at all. Same symptoms remain.

The mounting springs holding the drum appear to be fine. However, the drum seems to be tilted, with the rear side of the drum appear to be lower than the front. Not too low, but visibly.

Any recommendations for this model (Samsung WF328AAW/XAA, Parts for Samsung WF328AAW/XAA-0000 / Washer - AppliancePartsPros.com The machine has VRT feature, but not sure it is related. Any other part I should attempt to replace?

Regards,
Victor
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

vicmag  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 10:28:50 PM(UTC)
vicmag

The age of the machine is incorrect. It is over 5 years old.
Also, note that the machine bouncing even with empty drum, without any load.
JmpnJckFlsh  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:50:29 PM(UTC)
JmpnJckFlsh

Probably no part can cause this degree of imbalance EXCEPT the spider arm assembly. Your machine is the right age for this inevitable failure. Parts will be about $150 unless you want to apply some kind of coating to try and delay the inevitable happening again in five more years. The good news is APP has a great repair video for this involved repair.

I also worried about the drum tilt, but concluded that it was normal.
vicmag  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 1:58:41 PM(UTC)
vicmag

Originally Posted by: JmpnJckFlsh Go to Quoted Post
Probably no part can cause this degree of imbalance EXCEPT the spider arm assembly. Your machine is the right age for this inevitable failure. Parts will be about $150 unless you want to apply some kind of coating to try and delay the inevitable happening again in five more years. The good news is APP has a great repair video for this involved repair.

I also worried about the drum tilt, but concluded that it was normal.

Hmm, never thought about the spider arms. But looks like you've got it very right on. I've read the first featured review on the spider arm page of APP, and it says "The spider arm was significantly corroded and shedding chunks which blocked the drain pump. If you find what looks like slate rocks in the drain pump, you've likely got this problem.". That's exactly what I saw in the drain pump - a piece which looked like a rusty slate rock. So, it must be coming from there. Looks like a good time to look for a new machine.

Thanks a lot for your help!
JmpnJckFlsh  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 7:33:59 PM(UTC)
JmpnJckFlsh

I just finished replacing the spider arm assembly in my WF419AAW/XAA after coating the new one with epoxy resin. Now, it'll be good for another 5-6 years at least, maybe longer if the epoxy effectively insulates the spider arm assembly from galvanic corrosion. If you can work on a car, you can do this repair with the video's guidance. You'll need the spider arm assembly, six spider arm assembly bolts, outer tub shaft seal, and the outer tub seal. If the problem has progressed to the point where the outer tub is worn through, door boot seal is damaged, or the bearings turn roughly, then it's time for a new washer for sure.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply