Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Robert Kulagowski  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 2:45:40 PM(UTC)
Robert Kulagowski

Groups: Registered

My wife complains that the washing machine seems to stop early and that the clothes are wet.

If we manually press "Spin" and start the washer, it will spin the clothes like it's supposed to.

I managed to catch the washing machine "in the act" of failing.

At the end of the wash cycle and the start of the Rinse cycle (first LED for rinse start blinking), I'll hear what sounds like the drain pump starting. It will run for a few seconds and I will hear gurgling / water coming out of the drain hose.

After about 15 seconds of nothing happening, I will hear the drain pump again, followed by a few seconds of gurgling, then it stops. I don't hear water coming into the wash tub. The tub is not spinning.

It looks like the washer does this about 5 times, and then stops.

In this case it blinked "PF" (Power Failure), even though there was no power failure. My wife says that sometimes for her it will have PF, and sometimes she'll just find that the washing machine is just off without an error code.

Clothes were completely soaked.

If I turn off the washing machine, then turn it back on and press Spin, it will start a 14 minute spin cycle.

My wife says it seems to happen more when she's either doing a large load, or a Hot cycle. But the above scenario was a large load / cold, and still ended up at "PF".

Since I can force the washing machine to do either a Rinse+Spin, or just a Rinse, it doesn't seem like it's the pump, because then it would always fail, right?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.