|Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras|
2015 Whirlpool Duet won't spin at high speed, stalls w 1 min remaining, F7E9
Model Number: WFW72HEDW0 Brand: Whirlpool Age: 1 - 5 years
Hi forum! Tons of great advice here that got me pretty damn far , but I'm still hung up. Here are photos of my progress and the service tech book I followed
Let me try to be brief: The washer is losing its mind.
Bottom line: This newish washer won't run a normal cycle and either won't fill with water, won't spin properly or won't drain, for example:
- Sometimes I press start: then the washer locks, unlocks, locks again and shuts off
- Sometimes I press start: the washer counts down from 43, pulls in a bit of water, spins twice, stops, 3 min later spins 3 more times, then continues erratically until stalling at 1 min remaining for an hour, maybe more maybe less
Things I've checked:
- Took off the top and front
- Unscrewed the drain catch and emptied it. Dirty water, but otherwise empty (makes sense give how new this thing is)
- Unscrewed the hot and cold intake hoses, then ran water through each into a bucket. Both work great
- Pulled the drain hose out of the standpipe while washer drained. Nice full flow of water went out
- Used an voltmeter to test continuity on the Motor Circuit. Each read around 14 ohms (within the 6-20 ohm standard as shown in image of service book)
Then I got clever and found the Service Technician book, and activated Service Diagnostic Mode and ran a Quick Diagnostic Test. The results:
- C1-4: worked beautifully
- C5: Drum rotated but only for 3 spins, not 20 seconds (as expected)
- C6: Drum rotated but again very little, not for 1 min (as expected)
- C7: Drain pumped worked beautifully
- C8: Drum rotated a few spins then paused a minute, then rotated a few spins again, then paused. It did this probably 6 or 8 times.
- Completion took a while as the washer seems to hang on C8 and then the door lock led flashed for a while, seemed like 20 seconds (didn't time it)
After the Quick Diagnostic Test, I'm left with one error code: F7E9. This code isn't on the internet or in the technician's guide. I did find F07 for a different model which says it's the motor control unit.
The internet leads me to believe I either have:
- a serious issue w the motor (though this seems odd as the drum does spin some) or
- possibly it's the door, as my washer seems to be behaving really similarly to this
Can any of the studs on this forum give a recommendation?
Thanks for any help!!
Last edited by igarbo : 01-21-2017 at 08:31 PM.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.
powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Whirlpool Duet no high speed spin||Itsme2||Washer Repair||0||11-16-2016 07:38 PM|
|Whirlpool duet TumbleFresh 4.0 wfw9150ww00 won't high speed spin||mmcgraw||Washer Repair||1||08-17-2014 08:16 AM|
|Whirlpool Duet won't go into high speed spin||Frontloadfan||Washer Repair||0||07-08-2014 10:29 AM|
|Whirlpool washer - won't high speed spin||GerryW||Washer Repair||3||10-30-2009 08:17 PM|
|Whirlpool Top load does not high speed spin||howdyadothat||Washer Repair||11||06-24-2008 01:14 PM|