Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mooretw  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 6:18:54 PM(UTC)
mooretw

Groups: Registered

Hi,

New to this forum, but I noticed the same features as Toyotanation.com I have a Maytag (Now Whirlpool) Neptune model no. above that has been giving us fits with the door lock. This model is a front loader.

Originally, the door was hard to lock, then it wouldn't lock at all. My nephew thought it was the door lock mechanism which I ordered online. Nephew replaced it when it was delivered. The door closed a lot easier, and unit worked for a while.

Now, after closing the door and starting unit, the door refuses to lock. I hear a buzz then a loud click which I recognize as the locking mechanism disengaging. 'Door open' light goes out, and unit refuses to run.

I was told that if it isn't the door lock mechanism, it might be the door latch loop located in the door. I looked at it - looks OK. I hesitate to replace the motherboard because it's so expensive. Also, some people tell me that this part is often misdiagnosed. Before I call a technician, can anyone think of anything I might have missed?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.