Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Scotty K  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 12:07:25 PM(UTC)
Scotty K

Groups: Registered

Hello everyone.

I have a GE washer that has recently decided to not wash anymore, and I was wondering if anyone out there might be able to help.

Initially, the washer wouldn't fill with water, and after some investigating on the internets, it would seem to indicate that the water inlet valve would be at fault.

I went into service mode and saw an E54 message, which indicates that now it's something between the inverter and the motor. I performed the following tests:

Went to test mode T08 and T09 to see if the either of the valves worked; No dice (subsequently I found that any of the tests involving water wouldn't work). Because of the error message, I also tried test modes T10, T11, and T14; none of these worked either. I removed the connection from the inverter to the motor and tested the leads for continuity. I had read that there should be 6 ohms resistance between the motor leads, but I got a reading of zero here. I tested the line from the controller to the inverter for voltage, and that was fine. I also put in another inverter, and that didn't change the situation. I'm guessing the motor is bad?

I haven't be able to check the water inlet valve yet, as I have the dryer stacked on top of the washer and I'm alone here and need some help moving it.

What I'm asking here is would there be anything that would prevent the water valve and the motor from functioning at the same time? I think if both items broke down at the same time, that would be an awfully strange coincidence.

Any help or thoughts here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.