Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dorifuto.boi  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 4:57:17 AM(UTC)
dorifuto.boi

Groups: Registered

Hi All,

I recently purchased a used Samsung WF448AAP/XAA. The motor was making a lot of metal on metal noise so I replaced the stator and rotor. With the new motor assembly, it still made some metal on metal noise and I found out that the rear bearing was very loose in its housing (the diameter of the housing ID was easily .25 inch larger than the bearing OD). I replaced the rear tub (new bearings and seal) and I also replaced the spider because it had a bunch of stuff caked on there that I couldn't power wash off. I also replaced all 4 dampers while I was at it.

If I sit the tub on its back on wooden blocks and spun the drum, the whole tub wobbles back and forth on the wooden blocks. This is not normal correct ? Is my drum out of balance ? With the tub inside the machine, it would wobble REALLY badly like it was going to fly out at certain slow speeds. Sometimes, there is also a sound of something loose flying around when the drum is spinning but I don't see anything at all. I already spent $600 on this washer and really hope the drum is not bad. What do you all think ?

Thanks for your time,
David
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.