Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gjohnlue  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 8:11:55 AM(UTC)
Gjohnlue

Groups: Registered

I have a two yer old Maytag washing machine model # Maytag MVWC350AW0

Recently I started to have some major issues with the unit. A simple load would always end up and error and NEVER finish a cycle.

The error codes were:

F1E2 "Motor Control Fault"
F2E1 "Stuck Key Error"

I have replaced the Main Motor.
I have replaced the Capacitor.
I have replaced the Shift Actuator.

I checked the continuity of all wire harnesses and connections. I have visually checked the main board for any capacitors that might have blown or bulged and there are none. There are NO noticeably blemishes on the board at all actually. Not even a burnt electronic smell. I've also been told that 1 out of a 5000 might be a main board issue that I should not expect that the be the issue that it's most likely in wiring or a physical moving component.

After my last run through of the diagnostics I ran into something that I didn't notice or hear before because I never ran the individual diagnostics like this. Just the diagnostics where it quickly runs through all of the tests itself. While performing individual tests on individual actions of the washing machine, when the machine was agitating mode every now and then, it would make a grinding or slipping noise. On both low and high agitation. It would not make this noise on the spin cycle at all.

Now to my questions. The error codes i'm getting are for a motor control error. I'm going to assume by the second little censor that's on the Shift Actuator that the washing machine knows where the DRUM'S position is at all times. So if during a normal operation, the drum slips or grinds, the computer would freak out because it's not where it's expecting it to be.

Has ANYONE even found this to be an issue for a "Motor Control Fault" error, or would this even be possible? :confused: I mean it's a really loud slipping and grinding noise that I can reproduce while the unit is in agitation mode only. no other time. And when I finally run a complete cycle, it normally will error out during an agitation point int he cycle shortly after this slipping sound it produces.

And finally, the fix for this. Would it be the CAM kit AP5951296 or the actual gear case that is producing this slipping grinding sound.

Thanks :) for any help you provide. It seems like I've spent so much money and time on this unit that maybe I should have just replaced the entire unit but I'm tired of this throw away thinking anymore so I wanted to put my all into repairing this almost brand new unit, but this might just be the last thing I can try.

Take Care, Tom.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.