Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gizmobently  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 5:07:12 PM(UTC)
gizmobently

Groups: Registered

I have a washer that suddenly stopped running as the water had filled in the tub to rinse. It will not run no matter where you spin the dial on the front. I read that the first place to look is the washer lid switch. I took it out and have no idea whether this part is bad or not. I did notice that when depressed, the timer did run as the dial did go around if held down. It appears the timer is working as I can hear it ticking, but no advance for draining, spinning or whatever you turn the dial to. The clothes just sit there in water, as that is where it stopped. Any ideas of whether this could be another problem and not the lid switch or timer? Those were my first two thoughts, and I have no way to test either to see if these work.
Any thoughts or ideas of what I should do to fix this situation as I have to get the clothes washer going.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 8:46:20 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If you already removed the lid switch then it easy to test it. Check the lid switch for continuity between the two grey wires at the plug. The following article on our forum will explain in detail how to run a continuity test using either an analog meter or a digital meter - How To Check Continuity With Ohmmeter
You would need to do it with the switch lever pushed down. If there is no continuity, the lid switch would need to be replaced.

The lid switch Part number: AP3094500
Part number: AP3094500

Thank you.
gizmobently  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 11:28:35 PM(UTC)
gizmobently

Groups: Registered

Thank you for commenting Gene, as I did read that the switch could be tested this way. I should have bought one of these electrical testers long ago as I could have used it, but do appreciate your comment. Can you tell me that if I don't have one of these devices to test continuity, would it be a fair guess to just buy the lid switch and see if that is the problem? If that is not the problem, would the timer appear to be another top guess? Just asking because I wanted to know if anyone felt the timer could be bad if it was running when the switch was pushed down, as I could here it and arrow was advancing on the dial knob. Like to know if anyone thinks that a timer could be bad if it was doing this and appreciate any comments.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply