Discuss

Seeking help with 2nd bad control board & "wax motors"?

in

Washer Repair

. "

Back in 11/02/2009 "radioman464" posted a request for help on a Maytag stackable washer. It was answered by "sidfink43", in

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Seeking help with 2nd bad control board & "wax motors"?

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2016, 07:44 PM

gowestwardho is on a distinguished road
Default Seeking help with 2nd bad control board & "wax motors"?
Brand: Maytag   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Back in 11/02/2009 "radioman464" posted a request for help on a Maytag stackable washer. It was answered by "sidfink43", in which he posted a link to a Service Bulletin ( http://www.servicematters.com/maytag...DL-0052A-B.pdf ) that will not open for me since I do not have a subscription to Maytag service bulletins apparently.

Here is the original thread: Washer control board keeps burning out

I believe I am having a similiar issue with my Maytag stackable washer in that I recently (4 months ago and only half a dozen loads run) installed a brand new Control Board which has now apparently malfunctioned again as the washer WILL NOT DRAIN.

Does anybody have a way to send me this Service Bulletin having to do with "wax motors" (whatever those are?). I hesitate to throw another $160 control board int this infrequently used machine only to have it go out again. SO what to do?

Thanks so much for any advice or input and/or that PDF bulletin I cannot open to read.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 08-21-2016, 07:49 PM

gowestwardho is on a distinguished road
Default The Control Board I replaced was: Whirlpool (Maytag) Washer Control Board 12002651

The control board part number I reference in this request and that I recently replaced was Whirlpool Washer Control Board #12002651

I am getting an Error Code "ND" (not draining). Unplugged unit and sped it would clear codes but it did not. Also tried only running DRAIN, and other short wash settings (rinse, etc.) but it still will not drain which is similar to what happened when I had to replace the board a few months ago.

Any help or advice?
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.