Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JoeyMac  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 1:36:11 AM(UTC)
JoeyMac

Groups: Registered

I've got a GE Hydrowave GTWN4950L0WS that's only about 4 years old. It stopped working abut two weeks ago. When you push the start button, the fill light blinks, but nothing happens. No water flows and nothing happens. The fill light keeps blinking and there is a beep about every 20sec or so.

Performing the field service mode for error codes, the panel indicated a bad thermistor code. I ordered an ATC Temp Control Probe and replaced it. The thermistor code disappeared and there were no other field service codes. So I should be good, but NO... still not running. Just the fill light blinking and a beep every 20sec. So I popped the cover to get inside.

• I checked out the magnetic door switch. It checks out good, showing continuity with the door closed and pen circuit with the door opened.

• I checked the fuse by putting my multimeter on the neutral plug post and the motor's neutral pin and got good continuity.

• I looked to the motor to find any error codes blinking on the motor LED... No error codes blinking, no status codes at all, and no LED blinking at all.

Do I have a dead motor or dead main board? I can't imagine the motor is the issue because it never even begins filling... there's just the blinking light on the panel and occasional beep. I don't think it could be a fuse either because people with fuse problems still at least get water filling - just no spinning or agitating.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

slm08  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2016 5:50:04 AM(UTC)
slm08

I have the exact model & problem you have,don't see any responses to the issue, just wondering if you figured it out. Control board or motor?thanks slm08
JoeyMac  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2016 8:15:57 AM(UTC)
JoeyMac

It was the motor. I bought both the main board and the motor off GE Amazon, swapped parts in and out to see what was the problem and it turned out to be the motor, so I returned the main board for a refund.

As it turned out, my washer also had also developed a very small tub seal leak. It was small enough that water wasn't even dripping out from under the washer... I only noticed because the shaft was a bit damp. But it was just beginning to make the main bearing REALLY noisy. The thing sounded like a train, LOL. Because the tub seal was not a cheap fix with the tools involved and also requires alot of disassembly, I told myself that I would replace the seal and bearing when when the water leakage started to be a problem.

Big Mistake. I'm guessing the increased bearing resistance was overworked the new motor and just yesterday the motor coils overheated and looks like they melted. :mad:

Anyways, sounds like your issue is the motor.
slm08  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2016 9:29:41 PM(UTC)
slm08

Thank you JoeyMac for responding I really appreciate it,that made my life easier
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply