Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bristol62  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:32:56 PM(UTC)
Bristol62

Groups: Registered

Hi guys

So I have a Whirpool Duet front loader washing machine. My wife called a repair man out to replace the front seal as its torn. He informed my wife that the seal was torn due to bad bearings and that the barrel should spin with no noise and that ours was noisy. The repair would cost $500-$600. I came home and watched a few videos of failed bearings and those videos were very evident there was an issue. I figured if it's $600 I might as well take it apart and see. I pulled the rear panel off, removed the belt and large pulley. I did not see any signs of distortion on the bearing face or any rust or signs of water as described all over the Internet. I grabbed the shaft of the barrel that runs through the bearing and feel no up down forward and back play. I spun the barrel and it spun very freely. There was a normal sound of something spinning. I spun it fast again and listened to the bearing from the back side and still no terrible clunks or grinding. To me it sounds like I'd imagine a bearing under load sounds like. I took a video of the sound. What are your thoughts? Bad bearing on its way out or someone trying to rip me off. Thanks guys

https://youtu.be/zxNqVajHXDs
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.