Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tomanypups1  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 7:14:54 AM(UTC)
tomanypups1

Groups: Registered

I have an older model Roper that I refuse to give up!! Toughest little machine ever and fast. I have replaced parts over the years but now I have a new problem. First off when it gets to the rinse cycle it shuts off. I have to start it over and leave the lid open to get it to fill. Then put it back to rinse and it will finish the load. ALSO it now doesn't want to spin fast enough to remove enough water. I have to re position the load a couple times and run the spin cycle again (sometimes 2 more times). Even a little off balance makes it mad :-( I SOOOO hope someone has an answer!!
Thank you,
Jeanne
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 9:13:29 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Please give us a model number. Your first issue sounds like the timer is going bad. The second (not spinning all water out) depends on model. You stated its older so I'm going with a direct drive made by whirlpool. If this is so it may be as small needing a coupler to the transmission isn't staying in neutral while draining. Give us more info for further assistance.
tomanypups1  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 3:22:36 PM(UTC)
tomanypups1

Originally Posted by: brobriffin Go to Quoted Post
Please give us a model number. Your first issue sounds like the timer is going bad. The second (not spinning all water out) depends on model. You stated its older so I'm going with a direct drive made by whirlpool. If this is so it may be as small needing a coupler to the transmission isn't staying in neutral while draining. Give us more info for further assistance.

The model is RAX4232KQ1. I actually replaced the timer about 8 months (maybe 10) ago but the problem with the filling during rinse continued. I have just moved it back to start to refill since then. Like I said I love this machine and don't want a new one!! I bought the newer version and it's in the other house and I HATE it!!! We also noticed that while the machine is level the tub sits crooked and leans to the rear of the machine. Thank you for your help!!
brobriffin  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 4:33:04 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thank you for the fast reply. You do have a whirlpool manufactured direct drive model and I agree this was probably the best designed machine. Let's work on one issue at a time. Since you have a technique in place for rinsing we can explore the slow spin, not draining problem. The issue as I said may be anything, so lets start simple.
1. A stuck piece of clothing between the outer tub and inner basket. Watch Matt from APP show you how to remove the body from the frame of the washer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfr-m5iXh3s This will give you access to see the inside of the machine, stop the video after he removes the body. With the body removed look at the plastic outer tub and see if you can detect an article of clothing squeezed in between the out and inner tubs. If so remove it by taking off the tub cover see the video starting @ the 4 minute mark. then use a coat hanger to get between the tubs and hook the clothing to pull it out.

If this isn't the problem then:
2. Motor drive coupler may be bad. Watch Matt in this video to check yours. Whirlpool 285753A Whirlpool Direct Drive Washer Motor Coupling - AppliancePartsPros.com the video is embedded with the pics on the left.

While you have the machine apart look for any broken or loose springs at the base as the cause of the leaning issue.

Do these things and get back with us to continue the diagnosis.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply