Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BirdieBob  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 6:27:00 PM(UTC)
BirdieBob

Groups: Registered

My wife turned the washer on for a full cycle. When she returned, the machine had filled and was in the wash cycle but the agitator was not turning and the machine was making a humming sound with periodic clicking noise. The Lid Locked indicator was blinking.

We stopped the cycle, set the machine to Drain & Rinse but it wouldn't drain. Stopped the cycle, unplugged and replugged-in the machine and the water drained fully.

When I opened the top there was a slight smell of burned rubber. I thought it was the belt but I checked it and it was undamaged in new condition and properly on the spools.

Set the machine up again and tried to run a full cycle again. The lid lock clicked into place and the indicator remained lit. The fill cycle completed. When it began the wash cycle, the Lid Locked indicator began blinking and the wash cycle stopped. I turned the machine off , the Lid Locked indicator went out, but the top was still locked. Unplugged and replugged the machine and the lid lock clicked open.

That's the sequence of events. I suspect it may be the Lid Lock or Lid Latch Assembly, but I don't know. Any advice on diagnosing or correcting the problem will be appreciated. Thanks.

Birdie Bob
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.