Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bbergin76  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2016 3:49:41 AM(UTC)
bbergin76

Groups: Registered

Lately we have noticed that our clothes come out of the washing machine still soaked with water. Over the weekend I pulled the washing machine out and checked the drain hose for blocks and did not find any.

I found a previous message on how to check the lid switch for continuity by measuring the resistance between the orange wire and the white/red wire on the ten pin. When I measured this my meter registered OL and not 0 ohm. I checked the inverter board on the motor and saw the normal flash for one second one for one second. I put the washer in to service mode and went through all the different settings and I didn't get any error codes and when I get to the agitation and also the spin part of service mode the drum did spin.

Based off this I bought a new lid switch and for the heck of a new magnet to go with the lid switch.

I replaced them last night and the motor still will not engage. Once again I tried to measure the resistance across the orange wire and white/red wire and I am still getting OL (although after reading one of the stickies I wonder if I am measuring it incorrectly, I didn't pull any wires out I just pulled the ten pin out and put the leads in the connector where the orange wire and the white/red wire are). I put the machine in to service mode going through all the settings and there were no error codes. However this time when I got to agitation and to spin the drum would not spin this time in service mode. I did notice that the inverter board on the motor does have the three flashing light code which according to the diagram is Corrupted Software and to Replace Motor.

Is motor replacement really the only way to deal with Corrupted Software? How did I go from the motor working fine in service mode two days ago to switching out the lid switch and now the motor not working at all? Just a weird coincidence and the motor was already on its way out? I didn't see any flashing light codes other than normal two days ago, but I did notice playing around with it last night that the three light code only comes on when the washer is in an active wash or service cycle otherwise it gives the normal flashes...I must have only looked when it wasn't in an active wash or service cycle a couple days ago. I also do hear a humming when the machine goes from the Fill Cycle to the Wash Cycle when the motor should be engaged.

I just want to be sure the motor is really the issue here and there isn't something else I should be looking at. Looking at motor prices for this machine and it costs almost as much as what I paid for the machine five years ago.

Thanks for any responses!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.