Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oscarwylie  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 7:52:45 PM(UTC)
oscarwylie

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I had the washer/dryer stackable unit stored for about a year. when i used it last week, it leaked on the bottom (over a gallon of water). I open the back and noticed that when i opened the cold water fawcett, water would fill up the washer even though the control was off/unplugged. the hot water did not do that. when i tested it, the washer would wash but it would be full of water and the door was opened. i don't think that the cold water should be filling up so i am thinking maybe the inlet valve may be stuck since i have not used the washer. please help . thanks frank
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2009 5:33:30 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
A Model Number may help others help you

I had the washer/dryer stackable unit stored for about a year.
If you stored it in a location that could freeze then you probably have some cracked parts

I open the back and noticed that when i opened the cold water fawcett, water would fill up the washer even though the control was off/unplugged. the hot water did not do that.
Sounds like the water valves need replacing

when i tested it, the washer would wash but it would be full of water and the door was opened.
Do not understand this, Neptune stacked units usually have a front load washer so I cannot see how it could run full of water with the door open.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
oscarwylie  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2009 5:51:11 AM(UTC)
oscarwylie

hi, thank you for the quick reply!

The unit was stored inside the house above freezing point.

I am sorry, I should have been clearer. When I tested the washer, I ran it with some light clothing on just cold water. it seemed to be operating okay. towards the end of the cycle (i am not sure if it was before or after the spin), I came into the laundry room and saw the washer stopped with the door wide open with water overflowing. I shut off the cold water, closed the door and turned to the spin cycle and the washer completed the wash. Should I call a repairman? I took the inlet valve out and the cold water valve seemed to be "stuck". Could this also be a control problem (computer control board) or do you think that by changing the inlet valves, this problem would be resolved? Any tips on how to best change the valve? Thanks again, Frank
denman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2009 6:03:51 AM(UTC)
denman

Should I call a repairman?
Cannot say, it depends on your DIY skill.
Perhaps the below manual will help you decide.

I took the inlet valve out and the cold water valve seemed to be "stuck". Could this also be a control problem (computer control board) or do you think that by changing the inlet valves, this problem would be resolved?
Since it stayed open with the unit unplugged I would say it is just a valve problem.
Not sure why the door opened.

Any tips on how to best change the valve?
See the below manual

http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16009127.pdf
oscarwylie  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2009 6:32:44 AM(UTC)
oscarwylie

Hi I saw the troubleshooting guide/manual and I will order the parts and attempt to change it myself. I searched for maytag water inlet valve in applianceparts and they did not have it. did i do something wrong? I dont have the model number at hand. I'll try again. thanks and i'll post it here on how i did. have a great day, Frank.:)
denman  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2009 7:26:29 AM(UTC)
denman

You will need the model number from your machine to ensure you get the correct part.

Good luck!!!

Just take your time.
Mark any wires you take off so you know where they go when re-assembling.
oscarwylie  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2009 7:31:40 AM(UTC)
oscarwylie

You have been very helpful!! Great site. :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply