Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Slinger  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 2:32:30 PM(UTC)
Slinger

Groups: Registered

Hello, the other day I installed a used Hotpoint HSWP1000M in very good condition for a friend of mine, and was surprised to see that the hot water setting produced warm water at best. Checking the hot water coming from the hose itself it was much hotter. I noticed these machines have three water valves at the inlet. Is it possible that in the interest of "safety" one of these allows some cold to mix with the hot even at the hot setting to keep people from scalding themselves? Can one of the valves be disconnected to get truly hot water for a wash? Thanks for the help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 7:19:23 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Slinger Go to Quoted Post
Hello, the other day I installed a used Hotpoint HSWP1000M in very good condition for a friend of mine, and was surprised to see that the hot water setting produced warm water at best. Checking the hot water coming from the hose itself it was much hotter. I noticed these machines have three water valves at the inlet. Is it possible that in the interest of "safety" one of these allows some cold to mix with the hot even at the hot setting to keep people from scalding themselves? Can one of the valves be disconnected to get truly hot water for a wash? Thanks for the help.
Slinger, Yes the Hot water temperature has been reduced/ lowered on all "energy efficient" washers. This particular washer has a target temperature of 100 dgrs.F. for the hot water temperature. You may want to review the attached technical update, and pass it on to your friend. Seems like all"s OK.
File Attachment(s):
TB03-15.pdf (453kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
Slinger  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 12:28:25 PM(UTC)
Slinger

Groups: Registered

Many thanks Joe, just what I needed. Have a good weekend!!
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 1:18:19 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Slinger Go to Quoted Post
Many thanks Joe, just what I needed. Have a good weekend!!

Slinger, You're Very Welcome !!! Glad we could help. Have a good weekend yourself. Thanks Again,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply