Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LGLDSR  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2016 5:18:15 PM(UTC)
LGLDSR

Groups: Registered

Greetings,

I have a Kenmore Elite Washer model 29272000 purchased in 2012. I turned it on and all LED's are illuminated but not flashing. Any idea what is going on? Can this be reset?

Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2016 5:47:06 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Please check your model number and also post the three digit number in front of the 8 digit number. That tells us who the real manufacturer was.

If this is a front loader look under the top and inside the lower service panel for tech notes that will tell you how to put it into a diagnostic mode and do some troubleshooting.
LGLDSR  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2016 6:30:30 AM(UTC)
LGLDSR

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Please check your model number and also post the three digit number in front of the 8 digit number. That tells us who the real manufacturer was.

If this is a front loader look under the top and inside the lower service panel for tech notes that will tell you how to put it into a diagnostic mode and do some troubleshooting.

Thanks. On the back of the machine it says "Model Number" followed only by '29272000'. The manual says "Model: 796.2927#". It is a top loader. I was able to get it into diagnostic mode and there is a character I cannot create here: imagine and "E" with the top part missing and a '1' next to it. (see attached). That will flash momentarily and then '39' will flash, then back to the 'E' with the missing top part and it will repeat that.

The above codes are not in the diagnostic papers that are tucked in the machine.

If there is any additional information I can provide please let me know!
LGLDSR attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2016 6:47:02 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Ok good. This is an LG manufactured machine sold under the Kenmore brand. Most LG models sold in this country are front loaders so you may have to repair it yourself as there may be very few techs who are even qualified to work on it. LG makes good washers but are incredibly un-necessarily complex and difficult to both diagnose and work on. When they break many times even LG factory techs cannot fix them.

The most likely problem is the control board which surprisingly is not too expensive. I suggest you try replacing it and if you order from this site and the board does not fix the problem you can return it. I also suggest you contact Sears and LG customer service and see if you can get a service manual for the machine. LG service manuals are pretty good.
LGLDSR  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2016 6:56:43 AM(UTC)
LGLDSR

Ok good. This is an LG manufactured machine sold under the Kenmore brand. Most LG models sold in this country are front loaders so you may have to repair it yourself as there may be very few techs who are even qualified to work on it. LG makes good washers but are incredibly un-necessarily complex and difficult to both diagnose and work on. When they break many times even LG factory techs cannot fix them.

The most likely problem is the control board which surprisingly is not too expensive. I suggest you try replacing it and if you order from this site and the board does not fix the problem you can return it. I also suggest you contact Sears and LG customer service and see if you can get a service manual for the machine. LG service manuals are pretty good.

Thank you very much. So you feel that the control board is the problem based on the codes?
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2016 7:01:09 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

No I feel the control board is the problem based on the lack of codes, that is, that you are not getting a code that is usually generated. Since the diagnostics are embedded in the control board logic, when the control board fails it cannot diagnose itself and it generates gibberish which seems to be what you are getting.
LGLDSR  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2016 8:04:32 AM(UTC)
LGLDSR

No I feel the control board is the problem based on the lack of codes, that is, that you are not getting a code that is usually generated. Since the diagnostics are embedded in the control board logic, when the control board fails it cannot diagnose itself and it generates gibberish which seems to be what you are getting.

Great, thanks very much for your time!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply