Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SErickson  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2016 12:08:26 PM(UTC)
SErickson

Groups: Registered

Have a Whirlpool Duet front load washer (WFW8300SW02) that had the detergent dispenser cam (control arms) binding up and then popping the cam off the actuator motor. I purchased a 2 new cams, the connecting rod (lever), nozzle, and the actuator, and it still is binding up. Fortunately the actuator is new and is holding the cam on during the bind up. It is just muscling it's way around and through the bind up. I imagine this can't be good for it and will eventually wear out.

I've seen other posts of people having this problem and even a youtube video of someone pushing down on the cam attached to the nozzle in the dispenser when it bound up and it worked smoothly.

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket fix for this problem or if I need a new detergent dispenser unit?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.