Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
michelleyeo  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 9:34:09 AM(UTC)
michelleyeo

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone,

My 2 year old Maytag front loading washer has developed a leak during the spin cycle of the wash. It seems like it's leaking from the outer plastic tub and onto the concrete slab thing and leaks greatest as the spin cycle gets faster. There's nothing leaking from the pump.

The video is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YagOgd8X7x4

For some background, the problem started when I was fiddling with the washer because it wasn't draining. I was able to resolve that problem by removing a stuck sock in the hose but in the process, I may have caused the leak because I don't think it was leaking before.

I was wondering if this is something I'd be able to fix myself, if I should call a repairman in, or if I should just replace the washer.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Michelle
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.