Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
muggs  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2015 10:31:56 AM(UTC)
muggs

Groups: Registered

My GE washer would not agitate or spin. After some inspection, I concluded that the timer had gone bad (whether or not this was the right repair I do not know at this point). So, I ordered the part online and installed it. After I put it in I plugged the power cord back in and did GE's motor reset procedure (open and closed the lid 6x). I then tried to do a load of clothes. The machine did agitate, but when it came to the spin cycle it would not spin.

So, I pulled off the front panel and completely removed the air hose which somehow starts the spin cycle. The hose had no holes and nothing was plugging it. I then removed the clothes and did a trial on the spin cycle. At first the drum move slowly, clockwise and then counter-clockwise, and after a minute of this the machine went into a full spin mode. The drum moved fast as it normally should.

I thought it issue was fixed, so I put the clothes back in and attempted to wash them again. This time, the machine would not agitate or spin...very frustrating. I'm really confused as to why it will work sometimes, but not others.

Any thoughts? Is it the lid switch? I already sunk $120 into a new timer, so I want to avoid buying parts willy-nilly.

Thanks for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.