Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
willy b  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 4:43:51 PM(UTC)
willy b

Groups: Registered

After replacing the coupler between the motor and transmission 3 times in 2 months, I saw that the shaft on the transmission was worn down enough for the coupler to spin loosely on it. The only thing I knew to do was replace the transmission, so that's what I did. thought I had solved the problem but a week later I had a broken coupler. This time it was on the motor side and the plastic part was cracked. I replaced it and 8 loads later it broke in the same way again. replaced that and one more time it broke. The new coupler fits tightly on the transmission but there is a little bit of play on the motor shaft. Is this the problem? Do I need o replace the motor or can I just replace the motor shaft? I haven't run the washer on heavy duty as a precaution. The only other thing I can think of is that the new transmission is not compatible with the motor, but the part number was correct and it fit perfectly. maybe its defective? It would be great to get this fixed! Any helpful suggestions would be welcome.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.