Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JohnPeterson  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 9:53:06 PM(UTC)
JohnPeterson

Groups: Registered

This top load washer has worked without issue since Feb 2012 averaging about 3 loads per day.

At the end of a rinse cycle it drained the rinse water but did not advance to final spin.

In test mode, the tub will fill and drain normally, but once the drain is complete, the drain pump does not cut off.

If I power down the washer and restart it, every cycle starts with a drain, but never advances to fill.

I cleaned the drain hoses and drain pump. I also checked tube attached to the water level pressure switch, that appears clear.

Could the water level pressure switch be blocked at the tub end? I would have to pull the drum to check that, I think.

Or is the water level pressure switch itself worn out?

Or is it an electronics issue with the controller board? I haven't tested the electronic contacts for the water level pressure switch yet.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

JohnPeterson  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 11:39:26 AM(UTC)
JohnPeterson

Groups: Registered

Resolution
I resolved this by removing the metal tub and flushing the water level pressure tube located at the bottom of the plastic tub. It was completely clogged with lint and organic matter.

Root Cause
This may be related to using too much detergent. In reviewing videos on eliminating mold from washers I have seen a recommendation to use 2 teaspoons of detergent rather than the 12 teaspoons more typically measured out by the detergent cap.

Future Strategy
The only problem with this washer so far is mold growth around the outside of the metal washer tub. I still working on a fix for that. I need a way to circulate air between the metal and plastic tubs after use to dry it out.

Further Notes
Interestingly, the cold water was filling very slowly and was fixed by removing rust particles from the cold water input filter screen. Four years of daily used resulted in about 85% blockage of cold water.

Also, the washer used to make loud sounds at the peak of the spin cycle. Those went away after disassembling and reassembling the washer.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply