Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lukas  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2015 8:09:28 PM(UTC)
Lukas

Groups: Registered

We are living in Costa Rica and have inherited a whirlpool washer model number 7EWTW1300YM0 that has many issues. The current one is serious. After adding an item mid filling cycle and shutting the lid the washer would not restart and ever since (when plugged and replugged) will click lock, click unlock, click lock, click unlock with the red lid locked light flashing. Eventually it stops but the machine is paralyzed with nothing but the red lid lock light on.

I think the most pertinent information is I have run the diagnostic tests and with the Auto test everything is working fine. The error codes seem to change every time I fiddle with it but the original two were F5E1 and F5E3 both lid switch and locking and unlocking errors. When I go to the manual testing, the locking mechanism works fine lock, unlock no problem. When going to page 18 in the manual for Test #8 Lid Lock J15 appears to be in working order though it seems that the only issue can be a malfunction of the control panel (and J15) as the locking mechanism works (when checked manually). So after we unplug and re plug the machine.....click lock, click unlock, click lock and click unlock and nothing. Being in rural Costa Rica it is not easy to find parts so if that was the path that I must take I really want to be sure that it is the right part! Please help if you can as I have read so many similar posts but none seem to be able to help solve our problem.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.