Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sumit  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 11:55:39 PM(UTC)
Sumit

Groups: Registered

I recently changed my drain pump in my LG front load washing machine. Now, the drain pump won’t stop and keeps on going even in the wash cycle and drains all the water including detergent. What to do??
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2015 4:30:58 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

That's an electric drain pump (probably, since you did not post a model number I am assuming this is the basic LG front loader) so you need to trace the wiring back to where it gets current because the current is not shutting off. Look for stuck switch somewhere.
Sumit  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2015 1:33:02 AM(UTC)
Sumit

My LG front loader (Model No: WD- 1055F) is fully automatic. I did a check up on the wiring of drain pump. The wires are going in some control panel/ circuit board. I could not find any switch which may have stuck. On second thoughts, is there any problem in my replaced pump.

What I have noticed is that the pump does not shuts down even when I press the pause button of the washing machine.. Where the hell it is getting the current from. How the current is getting bypassed through the circuit board to the drain pump..Where it is getting signals from???..Please advise..!!! .
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2015 4:09:07 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Can't really tell much without a wiring diagram, and that model number does not come up as a model that I have any tech info on. I doubt if the new pump is the problem. Please check the model number, and if that is correct I can only suggest you see if there is a wiring diagram in the tech info with the machine or that you contact LG.
Sumit  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:42:04 PM(UTC)
Sumit

Thanks for your time and help.. I did not find any wiring diagram or it may have faded away with time. I believe its time to call LG people. May be the circuit board is the problem..

Thanks...
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 4:25:00 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Ok, good luck. LG machines are great when they work but when they have problems even the LG techs have a lot of trouble. They are unduly and unnecessarily complicated. I rarely work on them for that reason.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply