Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dirtwad  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2015 8:53:00 AM(UTC)
Dirtwad

Groups: Registered

I am new to all of this. I try to be handy with fixing appliances. Only work on my own stuff though. Anyways
I have a Frigidaire front load Washer LTF2140FS1. I was having the issue of it not dispensing the softener. The diverter unit was gunked up. So I researched and came to the conclusion that the solenoid/water valve assembly was bad. I just went ahead and replaced the whole unit to clear out both problems. While I had it apart, I pulled the big rubber boot out and the connector hose that goes from the dispenser unit down to the main "tub" and cleaned them all out. Which they needed it. Parts from here came very fast BTW!

I got it all back together and ran a couple cycles. Now, the issues I have are:

The softener will dispense and dilute the softener. But it now leaves the tray full of clear water.

The Bleach tray is now full of water after a cycle. Which it never did before. BTW, we have never used the bleach option so we have no idea how it worked before.

So this is where I am at. I have checked to make sure that the washer is level. I am looking for some troubleshooting options to try. I have a volt/ohm meter and know how to use it. So I can check to see if things are working if that could be issues. I only mention that so you know I am not totally green with working on things like this.
Sorry its such a long post. Just wanted to try to give as much info as I could. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Dusty
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2015 11:49:24 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I think your problem is that your water valve assembly is not closing completely when it supposed to, so water is leaking into the dispenser assembly. Try replacing the valve assembly and see if that doesn't fix the problem.

Glad to hear you bought from this site and if a new valve assembly doesn't fix things you can return the part.

And nice going on fixing the dispenser problem!
Dirtwad  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2015 7:17:36 PM(UTC)
Dirtwad

I replaced the valve assembly. I just went ahead and bought the whole unit with the valves and dispenser together. I chatted with the online tech from this site and they sent me the service data info. It didn't have any codes. I went thru the tests and it looked to run the water the way it was supposed too. Checked water pressure and I have equal hot and cold pressure from the house. And checked again to make sure the washer was level.
Thank you for your time!
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2015 4:17:10 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Great, nice job and thanks for updating us. That info is very helpful to those of us who respond and those who read this Forum.
Dirtwad  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2015 8:13:00 AM(UTC)
Dirtwad

Problem is that in my haste to provide all the info on things I checked, I failed to mention that the issue still exists! lol The softener tray has emptied out a couple times after cycles. but the majority of the times it hasn't. My wife has been on overdrive with that thing since I got it running
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply